DIY a New Form of Creativity

Almost every craft and creative person is familiar with the term of DIY. DIY means Do It Yourself which is the best practice to increase your creativity and remove all kinds of monotony. With the enthusiasm of colors and unique cleverness in remaking something with wastage stuff is really a fun loving activity to make the regular life decorative. Talking about “Decoration” reminds me of flower vase on the corner of my living room with some realistic dry flowers, 3D wall painting of garden scenario, Lamp Stand with colorful shades and a set of regular sofa set with cushion that have ridiculously boring design. That sounds awful right?  Well, I felt that as well. Most interestingly that old fashionable arrangement of any room or any place can easily make your life horribly mind-numbing, dull and create enormous amount of boredom which just happened to me. But it also gave me an opportunity to rebuild and remake most of the ugly looking stuffs of my own room and some other rooms, and interestingly let me found out my talent of creativity too.


So, I just started with my own room and found out some stuffs needed to be changed. My first stab was to start with a very basic thing like pen-holder, file organizer and jewelry box which I use regularly and wanted to decorate those old stuffs with some colors or pattern paper. To change the stupid looking square pen-holder I tried to give it a shape of tree with the branches by crunching some paper strips and glue it to the body. I tried my best to be on the track to make the shape of a tree by adding up crunched paper strips on and on. It just worked so brilliantly which encouraged me a lot to finish that up with a final look. I coated the body with solid brown and black color, let it dry and the result just fantastically shocked me. The renew pen-holder turn into an old craggy tree which was undoubtedly brilliant. Well, you might think that I’m praising a lot of myself but to be honest it was my first successful attempt of remaking something which brought a huge change into my mind to start doing craft work regularly. It was a great pleasure to feel that, for doing anything creative, you really don’t need any skill or special talent. It all comes by itself naturally if you have eagerness to make a change!

Here is the extreme change of my ugly looking pen-holder into a formation of beautiful tree pen holder. I did not capture any picture of the actual pen-holder maybe because I never feel to capture it but now I wish I could have one of its pictures so that I could compare the new formation with the old look.
Pen-holder

As you can see, the first attempt was like so, I was incredibly interested to carry on making stuffs like that. Another thing I figured out that people nowadays love creative stuffs and rediscovered items which is really amazing. The recent trend is focusing on customization of any product with unique ideas. If you feel confident enough to make a change of any old stuffs by reforming them or to build new creative item that can be useful or not then I suggest you to make your leisure time useful by doing so. That can be a pencil bag made out of paper, laundry basket weaved by newspaper or a jewelry box made out of hardboard paper with new color. It’s never too late to give a start for DIY, because once you’ll find your talent, you will be making your own stuffs by yourself which is most preferably cheaper and efficient. Besides, you never know that you can become an entrepreneur as well with your own unique ideas to make a creative world for creative lovers and for mass people too. 
If you want to know more about my art work you can visit my Facebook page- Bpaperish

0 comments:

Post a Comment